Detailed list of benefits
Here you will find a detailed list of benefits provided by EDUCARE24.
Health insurance benefits
Insurance cover – where medically necessary – is provided for:
- Outpatient medical treatment. To see which benefits are reimbursable, see the fee schedules (valid for
Germany) described below.
- Inpatient medical treatment including operations for the general care level without optional services.
Expenses for separately billable treatment by an attending physician equivalent to outpatient medical
treatment are reimbursable according to the fee schedules (valid for Germany) described below.
- Medically necessary rehabilitation measures (subsequent to a previous
- Medicine and dressing material only available by prescription.
- Medically prescribed remedies up to a maximum of €250 during the entire insurance period.
- Medically prescribed medical appliances that become necessary due to an accident and provide help for
the medical treatment of the consequences of an accident.
- Examination and treatment due to pregnancy and childbirth, if the pregnancy was conceived after the
start of insurance coverage.
- Treatment of mental illness (also inpatient) except psychoanalysis, psychotherapy and hypnosis. In case
of an acute psychological or mental disorder the latterly mentioned benefits shall also be covered for
one case during the whole insurance period up to a maximum of €500.
- Dental treatment for pain relief. To see which benefits are reimbursable, see the fee schedules (valid
for Germany) described below.
Within the policy EDUCARE24 S and EDUCARE24 M, benefits for dental treatment are limited to €500 during the entire
- Simple repair of existing dentures up to an amount of €200 (products EDUCARE24 L and XL).
- Dentures due to an accident up to an amount of €2,000 (products EDUCARE24 L and XL).
- Medically necessary transport of patients for purposes of inpatient treatment and treatment by an
- Medically necessary and prescribed return transport of an ill insured person from abroad to his/her
home country, if the type of illness and its seriousness would require more than 14 days of inpatient
- Repatriation of an insured person’s remains to his/her home country or funeral expenses in Germany up to
- Only for EDUCARE24 XL: Preventive medical examinations (for example at the dentist and gynaecologist) under statutory schemes, adult and child health
examinations under statutory schemes, vaccinations (e.g. tetanus) and dental prophylaxis (overall benefits limited to
€500 per insurance year).
You will find a full description of benefits and benefit exclusions in the General Insurance Conditions (German).
Physician and Dentist Fee Schedules
The following benefits are reimbursable: expenses for outpatient medical and dental treatment up to the
following rate of either the Physician Fee Schedule (GOÄ) or Dentist Fee Schedule (GOZ) valid in
- The following benefits are reimbursable: expenses for outpatient medical and dental treatment up to
2,3 times the rate of either the Physician Fee Schedule (GOÄ)–in case of benefits pursuant to paragraphs A, E or O of the GOÄ up to 1,8 times the rate,
in case of benefits pursuant to paragraph M and number 437 of the GOÄ up to
1,15 times the rate – and up tp 2,3 times the rate of the GOZ.
Important advice with regard to tuberculosis in foreign visitors!
Throughout the past years, there has been a sharp increase in tuberculosis, in particular in eastern European
Please make sure, in the public interest, to undergo a tuberculosis test (X-ray or or intradermal
test/Mendel-Mantoux test) prior to your entry into Germany. This test should not be older than three months.
It protects you from the risk of a pre-existing infection.
Apart from the health risk, you otherwise also take a high financial risk since no pre-existing medical
conditions (prior to entering Germany), including tuberculosis, are covered by the insurance policy.
Benefits based on prior agreement or approval
In some cases, a medical costs projection is a necessary precondition for a 100% reimbursement of the
reimbursable treatment expenses. You must provide us with a medical costs projection prior to the planned
treatment in the following cases:
- diagnostic radiology methods that exceed the scope of conventional X-ray diagnostics (such as computed
tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and scintigraphy as well as Gastroscopy and colonoscopy);
- allergy tests.
- treatment of more than two teeth during the insurance period;
- periodontal treatment;
- treatments with an estimated cost range of more than €250.
Without our written approval of the medical costs projection, the reimbursement of the above named benefits
is limited to 50% of the reimbursable costs.
Liability insurance benefits
EDUCARE24 M, L and XL include full personal liability insurance. In addition to bodily injury and property
damage, the policy also covers damage to rented property. Damage to rented property is damage that is caused
to a rented apartment. It has become popular with landlords to demand that such damage is covered.
Personal liability insurance coverage only applies if the insured person is not sufficiently covered by other
insurance policies (subsidiary coverage).
Damage caused by the use of a motor vehicle is not insured. This includes both personal injury and damage to property.
Sums insured in liability insurance
You will find a full description of benefits and benefit exclusions in the Liability Insurance Conditions (German).
Accident insurance benefits
EDUCARE24 provides the following accident insurance benefits:
Sums insured in accident insurance
You will find a full description of benefits and benefit exclusions in the Accident Insurance Conditions (German).
Deportation costs insurance benefits
In case of an officially ordered deportation of the visitor, the insurance policy covers the incurring costs
up to €4,000 if claims are made against the host.
Deportation costs policy also provides coverage after the expiration of insurance if the visitor, against all
expectations, has not left the Federal Republic of Germany.